Our Market Approach

Prescribing Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs) without understanding the constraints and operational requirements of the system delivers failed projects. We engineer every approach to ensure that the outcomes are measurable and sustainable for the operational life of your project. Understanding the analytics and constraints specific to that application reduces your total cost of ownership.

Our total cost of ownership methodology includes maintenance and system longevity, in-depth calculations, operational savings, and an 8,760-hour energy usage analysis. Additionally, key performance indicators such as occupant productivity and market perception can also be articulated.

Benefits of Total Cost of Ownership Analysis

Our financial and total cost of ownership analysis combines proprietary software with over 30 years of real world experience working with both low cost and capital expenditure projects. While the risk of incorrectly implementing a low cost solution would appear to be minimal, system reliability and building integrity can be compromised by a well-meaning but under-qualified implementer.

A capital project also involves much more than the initial first cost of the equipment. In the case of a water-cooled chiller purchase, less than 5% of the life cycle cost of the chiller is the first cost. Without a life cycle cost analysis, you risk letting the 5% decide for the other 95%.

Our Integrated Systems Approach

Before we recommend an EEM for operational change or a capital project, we take the time to study the possible unintended consequences of the change.

We look to use technologies provided in one system to improve another. Many modern LED light fixtures have occupancy sensors built into them. We will integrate these with the HVAC BAS for operational and efficiency improvements. We use DOE approved, analytics-driven software to identify retrofit opportunities and improve building systems to achieve maximum efficiency, which includes:

• Understanding Your Goals & Budget

• Profiling System Condition & Expected Life

• Bench-marking Energy Performance Against Other Buildings

• Providing Road Map to get From Status Quo to End Goal

• Repairing Systems to Operate as Designed

• Implementing Improvements to Optimize Systems Beyond Their Original Design

• Identifying Opportunities for Operational Improvement and Preventing System Drift